RippleNet API calls require Bearer authentication tokens that you retrieve from the authentication operation using API credentials.
Each environment can have up to three credentials.
To create an API credential:
- Select API Credentials in the Developers category of the Settings page.
- Click the New Credential button.
- Enter a name for your new credential.
Save & Generate Key
RippleNet Home presents a dialog box with the client ID and audience that you’ll use with the credential along with the credential.
Copy the credential and store it in a secure location to use with API calls. You won’t be able to view it again.
- To finish credential creation, click Close.
Rotating credentials is the process of changing your password and replacing your cryptographic key for accessing RippleNet.
To rotate your RippleNet credential:
- Select Rotate Credential from the dropdown menu in the credential card and confirm your choice.
- Click the Rotate Credential button to confirm.
- Once again, copy the credential and store it in a secure location because you won’t be able to view it later.