The RippleNet onboarding process, managed by your Ripple customer partner engineer, consists of the following milestones:
This section is targeted at ODL customers.
The project planning phase starts with the project kickoff meeting. Ripple then provides you with access to RippleNet Home and your partner's RippleNet Payment Object (RPO) schema, before drafting and finalizing the project plan.
For the connection agreement phase, customers will:
- Finalize the details of their partnership
- Discuss and finalize the RippleNet use case specifics
Complete any required onboarding or KYC processes with Ripple or third parties.
The specific requirements depend on the customer and the implementation.
During the solution design phase, customers works with Ripple to:
- Review the On-Demand Liquidity (ODL) payment flow and gather solution requirements
- Review the RPO fields in the receiving institution's schema
- Examine the Postman collection of RippleNet API operations
- Scope the effort for developing the RippleNet integration layer
- Project transaction and volume forecasts
The implementation phase is where customers build out the RippleNet integration layer, and includes the following steps:
- Set up the RippleNet with ODL test environment
- Develop middleware to integrate the RippleNet API for payment flow
- Test payment flow
- Complete the integration layer review
For the User Acceptance Testing phase, customers:
- Migrate to the ODL UAT environment
- Update the middleware in the staging environment
- Execute ODL flow test cases with the receiving institution's RPO schema
During the commercial launch phase of a RippleNet implementation, customers work with Ripple to:
- Confirm transaction and volume forecasts
- Migrate to the production environment of RippleNet with ODL
- Fund the digital asset exchange account
- Execute and validate the production verification test for ODL payment flows
- Increase ODL volume from 1% to 100%
For the post-launch review phase, Ripple collects customer feedback and introduces the Technical Services team.